My name is Caroline Zwick and I am a life coach who focuses on women who want to create amazing lives, but don’t quite know how. I am also the creator of The Busy Girl’s 6-Week Plan To Balance & Fulfillment, which is a course packed with amazing lectures, exercises, and interviews with top experts that will strategically guide you towards taking charge of your life from the inside out. In other words, it’s my baby 🙂
FYI: I am offering a super special discount to all of you just for reading this post! If you enroll in the program by Monday June 9th, you will get $100 off the price! Just enter coupon code busygirllove for your exclusive savings.
The other -very important- thing you should know about me is that I am one of Nicole’s lucky apprentices, which means that she is teaching me all about our lovely and highly complex female bodies and how I too, can help women like you get their cycles back on track naturally. Needless to say, I feel like I am in wonderful hands with Nicole – & so are you 🙂
Why would a life coach suddenly want to learn about periods?
Good question and there are 3 reasons:
1. My original plan was to go to medical school, because I have always been fascinated with the human body and its ability to give birth to another human.
2. I see imbalances (hormonally, emotionally, spiritually) in my clients all the time and want to make sure I am the best possible resource for them by understanding them on all levels.
3. My personal experience: When I stopped taking birth control on my 29th birthday, I didn’t get my period back and was told (again) to go back on the pill. Every single little hair in my body stood up and I just knew in my heart that this was not the solution for me. I began doing research on my own because I had this pulsating desire to be in touch with my body and heal it back to optimal health naturally. Fast forward almost 2 years and I am on a much better track. Even though I am not fully back to monthly cycles quite yet, I feel very much in tune with my body and have no doubt that I will give birth to beautiful babies in the coming years.
Over the course of my apprenticeship and friendship with Nicole, we continually come across the fact that my work as a life coach and Nicole’s work as a health coach drastically overlap all the time, especially when it comes to healing the emotional side of our lacking, sporadic, painful, crazy, out-of-sync _____ (insert your personal description) monthly cycles.
Here is the deal:
Research from the field of Positive Psychology has found that –opposite to what most people believe- happiness creates success. Not the other way around. Research by Shawn Achor, a scholar of Positive Psychology, shows that when we are in a state of happiness and positivity, our productivity, creativity, and endurance sky-rocket.
The reason is because happiness and positivity are related to the amount of dopamine our bodies release. Dopamine, which is produced in the adrenals, in turn is the hormone that fires up the learning centers in our brain and makes us more adaptable to changes and more resilient to new challenges.
In essence, when we are happy and positive, we can handle stressful events more successfully. At this point you probably are well aware of how stress and out of control cortisol levels affects our sex hormones and therefore our menstrual well-being. Not good news.
However, creating and sustaining happiness and positivity sounds easier said than done…. I know that from my own experience.
Personally, I spent my 20s having to learn how to stop making my happiness contingent on other people’s approval or external validation and figure out how I can create a life I love based on my own authenticity.
This journey of coming home to myself wasn’t always easy, but it was the only way that allowed me to overcome the physical and emotional hardships of a back-injury I suffered in 2008, tons of career confusion, and crumbling faith in true love after years of dating frustration.
I had to learn how to trust myself, release the need to control, and be playful with myself. I had to surrender my perfectionism and change my relationship with myself. As a result, my life started to flourish from the inside out: I created a career I love, I am engaged to the man of my dreams, and my back pain finally subsided.
This pattern of perfectionism and feeling out of control is something I see in my clients very often and it affects theirs lives on multiple levels: work, love, health, and play.
Similarly again -when it comes to the reclaiming of a healthy, regular menstrual cycle- I had to learn how to integrate Nicole’s wisdom of blood sugar balancing foods, proper supplementation, and avoiding environmental toxins, with my ability to truly let myself play, have fun, and treat my body with the utmost kindness and love. After all, I believe that the best mom is one who is connected to herself on all fronts: physically, mentally, emotionally.
The most amazing things have happened in the last couple of months once I made the commitment to control less and play more: The last two times I ovulated happened right after
1. I began talking to my ovaries and sending them love by rubbing lotion on my belly (an area of my body I used to hate and scold for not being flatter), and
2. I spent a weekend far away from my desk and reconnecting with nature: hiking, walking in grass, swimming, playing.
My message to you is this: If you want to get into true harmony with your body, the emotional aspects must be addressed as much as the physical ones. We are mind AND body and I truly believe that having smooth, pain-free, fertile cycles require a happy, free, and joyful mind.
The best place to start is with the quality of your inner dialogue. Here are 3 steps to get started:
1) Become aware of how you speak to yourself. Are you mean, derogatory, sarcastic? Do you say things to yourself you would never say to a friend or a loved one?
2) Formulate 3-5 sentences for how you really want to talk to yourself?
3) Read one of these sentences to yourself every morning when you wake up and before you go to sleep. The more you can get used to hearing nice things about yourself from yourself, the better your relationship with yourself will be. It’s all about breaking the cycle of negative self-talk and re-conditioning the way you treat yourself.
If you want to dive deeper into these topics and really create a loving and fun relationship with yourself – which is key if you want to create a menstrual cycle and life you love- I’d love to invite you to stay in touch with me and check out The Busy Girl’s 6-Week Plan To Balance & Fulfillment.
Don’t forget I am offering a super special discount to all of you just for reading this post! If you enroll in the program by Monday June 9th, you will get $100! Just enter coupon code busygirllove for your exclusive savings.
Caroline Zwick, M.A. is a life coach for women who want to create lives they love but don’t know how. She has helped hundreds of women from all around the world who are struggling with issues around their identity, job, relationship, & body. Caroline has a M.A. in Counseling Psychology and graduated as a published author for her work on women and the mind-body connection. She uses a combination of mindfulness, depth psychology and positive psychology to help her clients find unique solutions and get the results they want in a way that is highly effective yet fun and insightful. Caroline runs a successful 1-on-1 coaching business and is the creator of The Busy Girl’s 6-Week Plan To Balance & Fulfillment. Her work has been featured by The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Your Bella Life, The Beauty Bean and Cafe Truth. She has spoken at companies such as Martha Stewart Living, Yelp, AMEX, Twitter, and Charity Water. Download her video step-by-step guide to kick-start your dream life today– it’s free! Get your free 30-min phone consultation here.