When writing on my site, I often forget that I’m writing for a pretty broad audience and not just for the people who know me best. I always feel like I’m talking to friends when I write because, well I am – you’re all friends :-). I’ve been spending some time recently trying to get to know my audience better and the general consensus was that my blog needed some more of “Nicole” infused into it. Fair enough, but be careful what you wish for! Hee hee!
I decided to write this post for everyone who I haven’t had the pleasure of having an in-person green juice with! Here are some little known facts about moi…
1. I was born and raised in Antigua, an island in the Caribbean. Yes, I am a white girl from the Caribbean. We are a rare breed but we do indeed exist. And yes, I sound like an American but my accent comes out when it needs to. 😉 We kind of sound like Jamaicans.
2. I’m not exactly white – even though I just said I was. Ha! My mom is of Indian descent and my dad is of Portuguese descent, but I ended up looking like pops. My sister looks like my mom and many people can’t believe we’re related.
<—— They’re total hotties who don’t look related to me right? 🙂
3. I was born in the middle of September so I’m a Virgo – a very classic slightly controlling Virgo 😉 Just ask anyone in my life.
4. I have had the same best friends since I was in my early teens. A perk of growing up on a small rock I think. Girlfriends are the bomb, find good ones and never let them go. One of the reasons women live longer than men is because of our “tend and befriend” response to stress – we seek out our girls for guidance, advice and bonding, whereas men prefer to go it alone.
5. My dad died suddenly when I was 11. It altered my universe in so many ways and I’ve come to the conclusion that it completely changed the trajectory of my life. I often wonder what it would be like if he was alive today, and like to think he’s happy and proud of me.
6. I am super shy! My family and friends think that’s actually a joke because most of the time I’m so obnoxious. LOL But for reals, I am! Meeting new people and doing webinars and speaking events is brutal sometimes!
7. I love the seasons but absolutely hate the cold. Give me Spring and Fall any day. I think my life force starts to seriously dwindle when the temperature dips below 50 degrees. Probably because I am a warm blooded West Indian white girl.
8. I was married for 7 years and am now divorced. Ending my marriage was one of the most difficult and painful decisions I’ve ever made, but I knew for both our sakes it had to be done. I can’t even imagine how people do it with kids – my heart goes out to them.
9. I love cupcakes and unfortunately I know where all the best bake shops are in NYC. I hardly ever indulge because you know, sugar, but I like to walk by them and see allll the cupcakes. One of my very good friends bought me a shirt that reads “Cupcake Slut – A sexually attractive or beloved young woman or girl having an immoral love or fascination with cakes baked in a cup-shaped mold.” I have yet to work up the nerve to wear it.
10. I was in a long distance relationship for five years! My beloved counterpart lived in Montenegro (Eastern Europe), and then we moved to Buenos Aires together. I’m almost positive I took more plane trips between 2010-2015 than I have in my whole life (minus those 5 years). It’s been a hell of an adventure. As Carrie Bradshaw once said, “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.” Mmm hmmm…
11. I am fiercely dedicated to empowering women, no matter where in the world they live, to take back control of their hormones and ultimately their health. My mission is to spread the message all over the planet that women don’t have to give their power away – that they can indeed become their own health advocates. Knowledge is power and knowledge is sexy!
Thanks so much for reading and sharing my virtual world with me! I’m so grateful to be doing this work and helping women all over the world live their best lives.