Laura Schoenfeld is a Registered Dietitian trained in Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy with a nutrition philosophy developed from a combination of ancestral diets, principles of biochemistry, current research, and clinical experience. Laura’s passion is for helping overstressed, over-trained, and undernourished women get back to better physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
In this episode, we talk about why you don’t need a perfect diet to have good health, how the social media wellness industry is impacting women’s approach to eating, common signs and symptoms of under-nutrition, the risks of switching to a “real food” diet, the relationship between eating well and having a healthy cycle and balanced hormones, and so much more!
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- Why you need to forget about labels and pay attention to what makes you feel good to find a diet that’s right for you
- Laura’s philosophy that your diet doesn’t have to be perfect to have good health
- The conflicting information about diets and health available online
- Why it’s so important for women to learn to listen to and trust their bodies
- Laura’s thoughts on the social media wellness industry and messages being sent by wellness celebrities
- The negative impact of social media on women’s relationships with food and dieting
- How following too many food rules can lead to under-eating
- The risks many women don’t consider when switching to a “real food” diet
- How to overcome food fixation
- The close relationship between eating and a healthy cycle and balanced hormones
- Common symptoms that can signal you’re under-nourished
Resources & Recommendations:
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!