My whole apartment smells of baked kale (all 700 square feet of it!). I’ve been making kale chips for hours because I need like 10 million of them for a health fair that I am doing tomorrow. They were such a hit at the last event I did, I figured I’d make a bunch more.
I can hardly convey kale’s amazing qualities…yes, a vegetable can be amazing, particularly when it is absolutely rich and abundant in vitamins A, C, E and K and almost every mineral in existence. Kale has seven times the beta-carotene of broccoli and ten times more lutein. The “Icing on the Kale” (like that one huh?) are the naturally occurring all-important phytochemicals which literally lessen the chance of getting many different cancers. I could go on and on but I won’t bore you.
If you haven’t tried the bright green yummyness that is kale then my kale chips recipe is a must!
Sea Salt Kale Chips
1 head of green curly kale
2 Tbl. olive oil
1 Tbl. sea salt
Note: Feel free to add any kind of spice you like. I like to add cayenne pepper, chili powder, lime juice, garlic powder…the possibilities are endless! 🙂
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Tear apart the kale into chip-size pieces.
3. In a large bowl mix the kale and olive oil together until the kale looks like it is coated.
4. Spread out the kale on a large cookie sheet and sprinkle it with sea salt.
5. Bake for 6-9 minutes. Move the chips around to make sure they cook evenly. Kale should be crunchy and can burn really quickly towards the end so keep checking it. Enjoy!!