Karly Nuttall has been a Licensed Midwife since 2005, a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner since 2016, and is Certified in Vaginal Steam Therapy. She has a private practice in San Diego, California and co-hosts the Birth Kweens podcast.
In this episode, we’re talking all about what you should know about postpartum sex; including why you generally shouldn’t have sex for 4-10 weeks after giving birth, how breastfeeding can impact your sex drive, a home remedy that can help with vaginal scar tissue, and more!
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- Why you generally shouldn’t have sex for 4-10 weeks after giving birth; even if you feel fine
- The reason you might experience pain during sex even after giving birth non-vaginally
- The multiple ways breastfeeding can impact your sex drive
- A home remedy to help heal scar tissue after giving birth
- Why you should become familiar with your vagina before giving birth
- What you can generally expect when it comes to your period after giving birth
- What is the Lactation Amenorrhea Method?
Resources & Recommendations:
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my FREE Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!