On this episode of The Period Party, Nat & Nicole talk with Emily Fletcher, leading expert in meditation.
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- Why Emily left her Broadway career behind to become a meditation teacher (hint: it was a health decision).
- How does the style of meditation that Emily teaches differ from other types?
- What does meditation do for PMS, anxiety, grey hair, your eating habits and productivity (there is a reason the most successful people in the world are meditators).
- Learn why meditation is now backed by the latest research in neuroscience and is no longer just for hippies!
- Learn the easiest way to meditate and become self-healing according to Emily.
Emily Fletcher is the founder of Ziva Meditation & creator of zivaMIND the world’s first online meditation training. Her 10 years of training begin in Rishikesh, India. She was inspired to share this practice with others after experiencing the profound physical and mental benefits it provided her during her career on Broadway, which included roles in Chicago, The Producers, and A Chorus Line.
Emily has helped over 3,500 high performers integrate this practice into their fast-paced, modern lives. Emily has been invited to teach at innovative organizations like Google, Barclays Bank, Viacom, Relativity Media, sweetgreen, Awesomeness Fest, Summit Series, and The Omega Center. Ziva was recently featured in The New York Times and Elle Magazine.