Summer Bock is a leading gut health expert, holistic health coach, herbalist, and fermentationist who coined the term “gut rebuilding.” She integrates her traditional studies in herbalism with modern research and a background in microbiology. After resolving her own slew of health concerns naturally by focusing on the gut bio-terrain, she started teaching others how to do the same.
In this episode, we talk about how Summer’s own health issues led to her specializing in gut health, the connection between gut dysbiosis and PMS symptoms, the role of fermented foods in your gut health, and so much more!
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- How Summer’s chronic health issues led to her specialization in gut health
- The misconception that gut-based issues always cause digestive symptoms
- The importance of finding a sustainable solution to your health concerns
- The most common gut-related health conditions
- How prioritizing her gut health helped to resolve Summer’s period problems
- The connection between gut dysbiosis and PMS symptoms
- Why is your gut microbiome, especially the estrobolome, so important?
- The role of fermented foods in improving your gut health
- Is kombucha actually good for your gut?
- How Summer’s IUD experience helped her recognize the struggle women experience in advocating for themselves in the medical world
- How to listen to your gut and know what foods are working for you
Resources & Recommendations:
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!