Isa Herrera is a licensed physical therapist and an expert in integrative pelvic floor therapies in the field of women’s health. She’s helped over 14,000 women in her practice since 2005, using a variety of healing modalities.
In this episode, we’re talking about how to identify and correct simple pelvic floor imbalances to reduce menstrual pain; also known as cramps, why you should be massaging your vagina on a regular basis, techniques for helping to prevent menstrual pain, and so much more!
Subscribe to the podcast: iTunes | Android
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- How to identify menstrual pain and what it’s telling us
- How your uterus can become misplaced
- Why you should be massaging your vagina on a regular basis
- Why doing kegels is the last thing Isa would prescribe for menstrual pain
- The importance of dealing with your pain instead of masking it with pain medication
- How emotions factor into menstrual pain and why those emotions can’t be ignored
- Techniques for helping to prevent menstrual pain
- How a pain diary and a body work diary can be beneficial
Resources & Recommendations:
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my FREE Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!