Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- The misguided desire for women to want to associate with a diet label rather than understanding what true health means for them.
- Placing foods on “nice” and “naughty” lists and what this does to our mental health (both in terms of diet labels and food itself).
- Where the “food or fiction” concept came from and why it’s important to embrace the “f*ck it” mindset and not listen to anyone else but your own intuition.
- Why everyone and their mother should be angry with how inappropriate and deceptive food marketing has become and why it’s important to educate yourself.
- The future of the diet industry.
Amanda is not afraid to speak her mind about today’s most controversial nutrition topics, and has been praised by blogs such as MindBodyGreen, The Daily Meal, and SheKnows Media for her unique spin on healthy living. She believes that health has nothing to do with diets, and instead places emphasis on happiness, fulfillment, and fun. You can find out more during her upcoming FREE webinar: 3 Trendy “Health” Foods That Aren’t As Healthy As You Think. Sign up here.