Dr. Brianne Grogan is a Doctor of Physical Therapy, certified Women’s Health and Nutrition Coach, and the creator of FemFusion Fitness where she teaches core and pelvic floor friendly fitness. She is also the author of Lady Bits: Understand Your Body, Elevate Your Health, and Reclaim Your Spark Naturally.
In this episode, we talk about why women need to consider their core and pelvic floor when exercising, whether or not Kegels are the miracle people claim they are, how a weak pelvic floor can impact your sex life, and more!
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- Why should women care whether their fitness activities are core and pelvic floor friendly?
- The staggering statistic about how many women who’ve had children experience pelvic organ prolapse
- The simple steps you can take to help prevent the progression of pelvic organ prolapse
- Is it possible to experience pelvic floor prolapse if you’ve never had children?
- To Kegel or not to Kegel?
- The connection between our pelvic floor and incontinence
- How a weak pelvic floor can impact your sex life
Resources & Recommendations:
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my FREE Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!