Dr. Alvin Danenberg is a Periodontist who is revolutionizing the treatment of gum disease with the use of ancestral nutrition and a laser-based protocol known as LANAP. He is also the author of Crazy Good Living!.
In part one of our conversation, we learn how Dr. Al got into ancestral nutrition, how poor gut health can cause chronic bleeding of the gums and several other issues in the mouth, why you should not use an antimicrobial mouthwash every day, the proper technique for brushing your teeth, and more!
Be sure to tune in next week for the second of this hilarious and informative interview!
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- The story of how Dr. Al became focused on using ancestral nutrition to support dental health
- Dr. Al’s four pillars of health
- How poor gut health caused Dr. Al’s patient to experience chronic bleeding gums
- Dr. Al’s big bang theory of the gut
- Why you should not be using an antimicrobial mouthwash every day
- The proper technique for brushing your teeth (Hint: it actually doesn’t involve toothpaste!)
Resources & Recommendations:
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my FREE Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!