Kate Powe is a Sydney-based, online Naturopath with a passion for putting women back into women’s health. Kate runs a global practice supporting women with endometriosis, PCOS, thyroid health, mood, fatigue, and methylation issues and aims to educate and empower women in making the wisest health and treatment choices for themselves, be that natural, medical, or both.
On this episode, we talk about the importance of self-education and owning your diagnosis, the main symptoms and causes of adenomyosis and endometriosis, how and when to combine medical treatment with natural options, why a restrictive diet isn’t a long-term solution, the best nutritional treatment options, and so much more!
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- Kate’s 13-year search to find the cause of her symptoms
- The difficulties in coping with women’s health issues in a male-dominated workplace
- The main difference between endometriosis (endo) and the similar but lesser-known condition, adenomyosis (adeno)
- Can women have both endo and adeno?
- The two main adeno symptoms that women should look out for during their cycle
- The potential link between immune function and endo and adeno
- Why good gut health is crucial in treating these chronic inflammatory conditions
- The negative impact of long-term, restrictive diets, like SIBO and low FODMAP diets, on women’s health issues
- The differences between the three main surgical treatments for endo and Kate’s recommendation on which one is best
- Kate’s message on how to acknowledge your diagnosis, but not be defined by it
Resources & Recommendations:
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!