On this episode of The Period Party, Nat & Nicole talk with Andrea Nakayama, functional nutritionist and educator.
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- What’s the difference between functional nutrition and other approaches to how we look at hormones and health?
- Andrea shares her own hormonal history in relation to stress, pregnancy and her thyroid.
- What is the Menses Memoir, and why is it important?
- What’s the benefit of tracking our cycles and understanding our history?
- How to know if you need help, and what you can do to help address any period problems.
Andrea Nakayama is leading thousands of patients and practitioners around the world in a revolution to reclaim ownership over our own health. Her passion for food as personalized medicine was born from the loss of her young husband to a brain tumor in 2002. She’s now regularly consulted as the nutrition expert for the toughest clinical cases in the practices of many world-renowned doctors, and the National Association of Nutrition Professionals recognized her with back-to-back Impact and Service Awards in 2015 and 2016. You can find her online at Replenish PDX, the Hashimoto’s Institute, and her school for practitioners, Holistic Nutrition Lab.